These are the top ten books I read this year. They aren’t books that came out this year – just books that I read. They aren’t in any order. For each book I’ll give a 1-2 sentence “capture” of my thoughts about it. If I reviewed to spotlighted the book, I’ll link to it.
1. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead: The gasp I gave when everything clicked into place. Amazingly crafted.
2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Never again with I take for granted having running water. Stuck with me for weeks.
3. The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Body shopping to survive in New York.
6. Savvy by Ingred Law: Tattoos that talk and watching a young girl grow up – just lovely
8. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech: I knew I’d cry for one event. The second one really got me!
9. The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt: Shakespeare as seen through the eyes of a 12 year old – laughed and cried.