As you all know I teach 7th grade and because I teach 7th grader I have a wide range of reading levels and interests to read for. I do read a ton of YA, but I always make sure to read tons of MG as well. YA and MG over-lap to a degree, and I have students at both ends of the spectrum. There are so many amazing MG books out there, and I’d love to get more people reading them. With that in mind I decided to host a challenge for middle grade books – In the Middle Reading Challenge. Here’s “rules” for the challenge.
1. You must read middle grade books. These are books deemed right for kids ages 9 (sometimes 8) – 12. Harry Potter would be considered a MG book. If you look for them on Amazon you need to look under children’s ages 9-12.
2. Challenge starts Jan 17, 2010 and ends Dec 31, 2010. All books for the challenge must be read in that time frame.
3. Books for this challenge can cross over to other challenges.
4. Audio and ebooks count for sure!
5. There will be 4 levels:
5th Grader: At least 4 Books
6th Grader: At least 6 Books
7th Grader: At least 8 Books
8th Grader: At least 10 Books
6. In order to be considered for any prizes given away during the challenge you must to an intial post joining the challenge and link on Mr. Linky by Jan 16 (two weeks).
Now I need HELP! I tried to make a button (see below) but I don’t know how good it is. Thoughts? And if you know how to make GOOD ones and would like to make one that would be awesome too!