Hey everyone I found this really great reading challenge for over the holiday break. Karin at Karin’s Book Nook
is hosting this great event. Here’s her description of it:
1) Anyone can participate. I’m focusing on teachers and students, but if you want to cram a little extra reading in during the holiday season, please join us.
2) The Reading Challenge is designed to be self-paced. I will ask for you to set a goal for the number of books you want to read, but if you don’t reach the goal – no big deal. This is for fun.
3) You don’t have to provide a list of books you plan to read in advance. You can, but it isn’t required. My mood determines what I read so I usually don’t stick to a list. If I can’t do it, I don’t want to force others to do it.
4) The Holiday Break Reading Challenge corresponds with my time off from school. So, it starts on Friday, December 18, 2009 and ends on Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 at Midnight.
5) I’ll have a section set up on the blog for reviews. Please link your reviews of the books you complete during the challenge.
6) Everyday there a new “Challenge” will be posted. These “Challenges” are designed to help you get to know other bloggers, talk about what you are reading, and share information about books. A new Mr. Linky will be used in each post to record everyone’s responses.
7) HERE IS THE BIG ONE! At least one prize will be given out everyday during the Reading Challenge. This might be a book, a bookmark, or other swag. No specifics lined up yet.
8) Be sure to follow the Reading Challenge on Twitter. New challenges and prize information will be announced there, too.
9) Grab the button to put on your blog.
Here are the books I plan to read (my goal is 5 for sure but I’d love to read 6)
Lockdown by Walter Dean Myers
Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
The Line by Teri Hall
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Intertwined by Gena Showalter
(sixth one) Going Bovine by Libba Bray